Sunday, February 6, 2011

I love my job!

Friday for writing I had my students write on the following prompt "We have been in school for over 100 days.  What has been your favorite day so far in fifth grade?"  This is one response I got from a cute little boy in my class. 
"My favorite day of school is the first day of school.  It's my favorite day of school because they took your picture and you can choose where you sit. Plus I KNEW  that I got teh best teacher in the fifth grade so life was great.  Through out the years my parents been saying "How's your teacher?"  I usualy say there fine or okay, but for my fifth grade teacher, she's the best.  And she always will be.  So fourth graders, if you want any teacher you should pick, her." 
This paragraph absolutely made my entire day.  Sometimes it is hard to "read" fifth graders and sometimes I feel like they absolutely hate my class or dread coming.  I'm sure some of them do, but it was fun to hear this and know that at least one kid likes my class!  The majority of the favorite days was when Bobby came....mostly the girls!  Watch out Bobby you have some pretty cute 5th graders after ya ;)

Other than school, life is going great.  Bobby just moved into our place.  It was a killer deal that we couldn't pass up or chance it being for rent for a month so he moved in yesterday.  Wedding plans.....ugh! ha ha!!  They are coming along great!  We just got the proofs back for our invitations, my dress is being altered right now, I bought my shoes, I have 2 showers coming up the last 2 Saturdays of February, bridals are on March 5....hmm what else??  Pretty much I am so happy we have a caterer doing all of this for us because DANG it is stressful!  Any girl who says planning their wedding was so much fun..."b.s." I am thankful for Pam and I'm glad she has most of the stress, not me.
Well pretty much that is a short up date on my life.  

1 comment:

  1. K so come to my shower on Feb 12 from 1-3. I miss your guts...... glad all is well with you and I am not surprised a bit that you are loved as a teacher. You are super!!!!

    ReplyDelete