Friend #3...The Hi Friend
This person is someone you say hi to in passing. You don't really care what is going on in their life, you read their Facebook status only because it shows up on the news feed. This is not a person you would even call or borrow a cup of sugar from.Friend #2....The Competitor
This friend is one that pretends they care about what is going on in your life. They act like they want to be involved but only because they don't want you to have anything better than what they had/have/will have. You will never be as "good" as this person in their eyes. They act like they care and are happy/sad/excited with you, but deep down it is only because again they want to know what is gong on in your life. They appear to be a true friend on the outside.Friend #3....Honest/Loyal/Loving/TRUE
Merryweather is a great example of this friend...we have both experienced rough times from high school drama to boy/relationship drama. NOT MATTER WHAT TIME OF DAY or how small my problems may have seemed she has always been there for me to comfort me, cry with me, cheer me on, and been a listening ear. We have never had competition between us, and we have seldom fought. I can only think of one time in high school. Jess is like my twin sister, and my mom's other daughter. This is the friend we should all be and have in our life. I am so grateful for Merryweather and for all of her help in the wedding, and for not being selfish.
This is also the friend that you know would travel from anywhere to make sure you were ok or help you out with a flat tire even if you were across the state. They call to say hi, congrats, and just to chat. They make surprise visits at work (Jamie) to tell you they love you and are proud of you. If they can't make it they call to tell you sorry or congrats and see what you need. This type of friend is never fake and will tell you what is on their mind even if you don't want to hear it. This person is easy to be yourself around and you don't have to worry about looking stupid in front of them. To sum it up they understand your past, believe in your future and accept you for who you are.
Everyone needs at least 1 of these friends. Thank you to all of my Number 1 Friends :)

What the crap am I?! I don't fall into any of these catagories..right?
ReplyDeleteI am mostly just teasin you. I am thankful for those true friends too. I am excited for your wedding. Good luck with everything!
Well said Jess. The sad thing is that there are more "Competitor Friends" out there than there are TRUE friends. It is the times like a wedding, family death, or a family problem that the "Competitor Friends" claim to be your BFF, when in all reality they just want the latest gossip. Having gone through "true friend test" in my life I have come to realize that sometimes your life it just better off with out the competitor friend in it. All they do is cause stress and drama.
ReplyDeleteMerryweather is a friend?!? I thought she was another sista from different mista! HA!HA!
PS. Janice...I am 100% sure that you would fall under the TRUE BFF type. :)
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI think I fall into a fourth friend category. I would call it the "creeper friend". This friend is the one that doesn't care about anything in your life and only wants free things, and blog stalk using his wife's blog. Like a "MAN-tastic" brother-in-law like me! Sorry you are stuck with me because your sister loves me and had my babies!!
ReplyDeleteWoodland Out!
Yah that was me that removed my post. So deal with it!
This was tender. I truly got a tear. Sometimes when you invest your feelings into someone you wonder if they will want to reciprocate it. I would come help you, encourage you in all things, and be loving and supportive to you, and best of all, make fun of you at all costs. I love you and am so happy for you in your near future endevours! I hope you know that you are truly loved and glad that I fit in the best category of friends. (wink, wink) See you soon at your wedding!!!! Will I be able to come see you outside the temple?
ReplyDelete