Wow summer is basically over...where did it go?!?! I can't believe my life long dream of becoming a teacher is right around the corner. My first contract day is the 16....then the 18th is Back to School Night where I get to meet my 5th graders...THEN THE BIG DAY AUGUST 19th is the first day of school!!! I am excited to see my class list this week and see if I recognize any names (which I probably won't but hey I will still be excited!!) I am excited/nervous/stressed about starting to teach. I think once I get my classroom in order and meet my kids I will be more relaxed (if it is even possible for teachers to relax, especially their first year). The theme for my class is going to be "Miss Walker's All Stars" I have found a lot of materials that fit with my theme so that makes me super happy!! I am so grateful for my wonderful mother who has been so patient with me and has helped me SO much with getting things ready for my classroom My entire family and extended family as well as Bobby have all been super helpful in getting my classroom ready. I will post pictures of it when it is put together...so sometime next week!
Other than school my life has revolved around Bobby! This week has been the longest week of my life!!! He took a trip back to California with some of his brothers and his sister-in-law to go surfing and boogie boarding. He has had a good time but we are both ready to see each other again. Yes Amber...Skype just isn't cutting it anymore!! However I have been super grateful for it because we have been able to chat every night. In a weird way I am glad he has been gone because it really has made our love grow stronger and has helped me realize how much I really do love him. My dear friend Andrea told me "Absence makes the heart grow stronger." This is SO true!! I feel that our love has grown stronger than it was when he left. I am excited to see him hopefully tomorrow evening/night!
*Yes Whit I know 8 days is nothing compared to your wait!
Anyway there you have a little update on what is going on in my life. I will post pictures of my classroom soon. Until then...Peace out!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I am so proud of you Jess! You are doing amazing, and although it will get stressful and it freakin sucks putting together your class and getting things ready, it will all pay off the first day of school when your students walk in and take a look at their learning environment, and then you'll see your hard work pay off! You are an amazing teacher, and although you haven't taught yet, I can see it from the level of commitment and urgency you have displayed since I have been with you!
ReplyDeleteI really have missed you so much and can't wait to see you tomorrow! I just got home (look at the time! haha!) and am going on that to keep me happy and upbeat cuz the drive sucked! haha!
Thanks for all you do for me and for everyone else's life you have been a blessing to! I love you so much and you better know it! ;)