Wow it has been FOREVER since I have posted. I guess that is what happens when you have better things like teaching 26 little fifth graders and preparing lessons to do. Teaching is great and I really do love it. I got my first check and I was quite happy to break $200.00! New record for a pay check! Ha! School is great my class is really cute, comical, and chatty, but I still love them. I have set a new record....FIVE students with the chicken pox in my class. YUP FIVE!!! I have three that are out now, but should be back the first of next week. That has definitely been an eye opening experience. I'm not a mom and have no clue what chicken pox look like but now I do. It is so funny because my kids will come up and say, "Miss Walker, is this a chicken pox?" No dear it is just a red mark from you rubbing your neck. Go sit down, you'll be fine :) So funny! I have my first parent/teacher/student conference this week. Hopefully everything will go well with that. So funny story that shows how great my kids are. I have a jar I fill with marbles when they are good I put a handful (not really but they think it is a handful) in. Then when they are being "bad" I take a handful out. Well this week we filled our jar so I let the kids pick 5 things they wanted as a reward. These were their ideas (guess which one won!) 1. 15 minutes extra for recess 2. Free time on the computers 3. No homework for one day 4. A read-a-thon 5. Extra recess in the afternoon. Guess which one won?? A read-a-thon. What fifth grader wants to read for and hour during our reading time? They whine when I have them silent read for 15 minutes. So Tuesday we will have a Read-A-Thon :) If that doesn't prove how cute they are what does?!?
Ok so here is another story. Our first field trip. I put the fear in my children. If you can not handle this field trip you will NOT go on the next one. You have to stay with your chaperon the entire time. blah blah blah.... you know the spill. So we load the buss head up the canyon, see some great examples of weathering and erosion, then we go on a mile hike to this rock slide and BAM! A kid cuts his head right above his eye. I yell at the other fifth grade help (Thank God it was not my kid!) Anyway his head is bleeding and all three fifth grade classes surround him. The other fifth grade teacher and myself are trying to get the kids out and away from him telling them to go back and play (Ya like that is what they want to do is go play on the rock slide when one of their peers cut his head open! Idiots! Ha!! So we then decided to head back down and eat lunch and let the kids play with some equipment we brought up. Then I keep hearing the bus honking it's horn. After several times I asked another teacher what was going on and she said a kid from another school was lost. Again, thank God that was not one of my students. Pretty much it was the most eventful field trip I have ever been on! My kids returned safe and the kid that cut his head is doing great. Just needed some stitches!!
Teaching is pretty much my life and consumes all of my energy. Bobby bless his heart puts up with me falling asleep every night he is over. Classic example, last night at 11:00 he left because I was asleep. Not to mention I was at school from 7:30-8:30 at night! I have an AWESOME boyfriend....don't be jealous :)
Well that is all for now. I'll post again in another 4 months! ha ha!! JK!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Cool stories Jess! ;) j/k! No worries about falling asleep early! it's fun to watch you sleep! :) You are an amazing teacher! I freakin love ya! :)
ReplyDeleteJes, If you EVER have to stay late at work you can come stay at my house! Jason is never home (he works out of town all the time)
ReplyDeleteSo.... I miss your guts. Period. Glad things are going well for you and thanks for calling and filling me in on all the goods after they happen. Makes me feel good that I still have a friend and I don't just have to read about it on your blog. PS my bump is getting bigger. Maybe you could see it sometime...wink, wink. I love you and hope to talk to you soon.
ReplyDeletehey miss walker .... I think i have chicken pox!
ReplyDelete