Tuesday, November 9, 2010
Engaged Woman!!!
Wow tonight has been the best night of my life....The man of my dreams proposed to me tonight around 10:15 pm. I had no idea it was coming!! Looking back on it now I noticed the hints he was giving the entire night. Ok so let me just give you a run down of my day...went to school and my kids won the reading minutes contest for the month....happy news #1 then I came home and decided to make Bobby dinner so we met up at Macy's where I flipped my credit card at the lady on accident then made it SUPER awkward....because that is how I do it. Then I come home watch the Jazz game with Bobby and Merryweather....awesome because they won in overtime! THEN we went to Mc Donalds got a smoothie, filled Betsy (my car) with gas came back to my apt and decided to snuggle for a bit. As we were laying there we started talking about wedding plans, colors, food, temple etc...then he started playing with the ring on my left hand and took it off and put on his finger (sign #1) Then I wanted to watch the Elizabeth Smart story on the news so we went in the front room and realized that it was probably over since it was 10:10. We stood there hugging for a while when he asked me how I would describe him in one word. UMMM??? Ya that is hard. How can you describe such an AMAZING man in one word? So he was nice and gave me 3 words. I started listing different things then said K your turn :) He thought of 2 and was "struggling" with the third one. He proceeded to stand up (I thought he was leaving) and said come hug me for a minute. We stood there hugging and kissing for a bit when he said I know my third one. Me: Ya what is it? He looked at me and said ENGAGED!!! Then he dropped to his knee and said "Jessica will you marry me?" I started crying and hugged him for the longest time (didn't even say thanks, yes, my words were oh my gosh...then tears came!) Finally I pulled away long enough for him to put on the ring and I said Yes!!
The cute thing is it was 5 months ago tonight when we had our first kiss!! I am SO FREAKING EXCITED to spend ETERNITY with the greatest man EVER!!! To the man I love the most....thank you and I love you more than words or tears can express!!!!!
Here is a post I started last night actually about how grateful I am for Bobby!
I am so blessed to have such an AMAZING (to say the least) boyfriend. Bobby truly has been an answer to my prayers and the man I have dreamed of since I was a little girl and so much more. I have always been one to say love isn't real and that you can't fall in love within a couple of months. I am here to tell all of you blog stalkers that LOVE IS REAL!!! I remember asking Amber a couple of years ago how do you know you have found "the right one?" Her answer like most was "I can't explain it....You just know." Of course that answer was not good enough for me so I made her put it into words. I specifically remember her saying that you can't get them out of your mind, they are in your head all the time and you can't wait until you can see them again. Amber...nicely put! She is so right!!
One major difference in my relationship with Bobby compared to past relationships is the open communication and trust we have with each other. This started early on in our relationship and I know has been a huge bonus in our relationship helping us grow closer and fall in love. I love our relationship because we don't have the stupid "unwritten rules." (Girls I know you will understand that) I believe that this comes from the great amount of trust we have between each other. Also our first kiss was unbelievable!!! There was definitely that "spark" that was felt between the two of us. True love is loving someone for who they truly are regardless of where they have been. Amber is right...when you are truly in love you just know. There are no words that can express true love. I love these love quotes...
"When you are in love you can't fall asleep because reality is better than your dreams."
"You come to love by not finding the perfect person, but for seeing an imperfect person perfectly."
"I love you not for who you are, but for what I am when I am with you."
So to Bobby....I love you with all of my heart and always will. Thanks for being the greatest thing that has ever happened to me! I love you with all of my heart!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



YEA!!!! Congrats!!! That is SO exciting! So when do you think the big day is? I am so happy for you :)
ReplyDeleteThat is soooo tender and even got me choked up. I am so happy for you and have seen you grow so much over the last several years and seen you struggle with all the jack-wads down here and I am so grateful that Bobbilicious came along. To see you happy is wonderful and is definitely well deserved. You are a great person and am so excited for you. Let me know if I can do anything. I want to be involved!!! ;) have a super day!!!
ReplyDeleteAAAAHHHH Jessica!!! I am SO excited for you and Bobby. It is nice to see you so happy and in "real" love. CONGRATULATIONS!!!
ReplyDeleteJess I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOO EXCITED you guys!!!!! I am happy that you found your true love!!! Bobby is so luck to have you! Congratulations Jessica and Bobby!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations Jess! I am so happy for you guys!
ReplyDelete